DR. LAZARO CARDENAS
Dr. Lazaro Cardenas
“My life passion is to help each patient become the true and best version of themselves. My goal as a physician is to treat each patient with the utmost professional expertise, consideration, and personal concern. It is an honor to perform feminization surgeries. My satisfaction comes from helping make a profound change in people’s lives so that they are able to see their actual selves in the mirror. I’m quite satisfied to say the ultimate result is a large deal of happiness”
Dr. Lazaro Cardenas has been a board-certified plastic surgeon since 1990 and began performing feminization surgeries for the face and body two decades ago after seeing a growing and genuine need for safe and effective alternatives to back-alley injections and other dangerous procedures. Today, Dr. Cardenas is at the pinnacle of his very successful career. In 2014, he moved into a brand new, state-of-the-art facility located on the western side of metropolitan Guadalajara, Mexico. In 2018, Dr. Cardenas was elected President of the Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Cardenas is one of a small number of plastic surgeons based outside of the United States who has been granted membership by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Membership is the ASPS is granted only to board-certified plastic surgeons who meet the highest standards.
Links to Certifications / Memberships:
President – Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, & Reconstructive Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic, & Reconstructive Surgery (Board Certification #494, Since 1990)
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Body Feminization Surgery
with Doctor Lazaro Cardenas
Memberships and highlights
- Author and coauthor to more than 50 articles and 12 chapters on plastic surgery, and tutor and advisor to 35 graduate students’ theses on plastic surgery.
- Twice elected international Plastic Surgeon of the year (2013 and 2015) by the national college of Physicians.
- Lecturer in over 100 courses and conferences in plastic surgery around the world.
Current activities and appointments
- Certified by the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Mexico City, February de1990.
- Staff Physician and Associate Professor at the Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Jalisco.
Course on Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Guadalajara
Ministry of Health, since 1990.
- Active Member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the West, since 1990.
- Member of the Mexican Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery BC, since 1992.
- Recertified by the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery BC, March 1995 to March 2000.
- Recertified by the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery BC, 2000 to March 2005.
- Recertified by the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery BC, 2005 to March 2010.
- Full member of Association of Plastic Surgery of Jalisco, December 1997 to date.
- Professor Director of the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery BC, May 1998 to date.
- Synod of the Review of the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery AC
May 1998 to December 2005.
- Active Member of the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgery, May 1998 to date.
- Member of IPRAS (International Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery), May 1998 to date.
- Corresponding Member
Colombian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Maxillofacial and Hand, August 2000 to date.
- Corresponding Partner Association of Plastic Surgeons Tamaulipas, September 2007 to date.